November 3, 2008

Let The Baking Begin

I'm not vegan, although I am a vegetarian. I care about what I eat and where my food comes from. When I use eggs, I make sure the chickens are certified humanely raised, and I'll only buy lowfat organic milk (and the occasional tub of organic butter) from small farmers.

I'm very conscious of what I eat for both calorie/fat intake and health/good-for-my-body reasons. I don't like to ingest chemicals or anything artificial. I do a lot of cooking and rarely buy prepared foods. I believe in local, farm-to-table eating and try to live that lifestyle as much as possible.

I'm not immune to cravings and I certainly do my share of splurging. In the attempt to keep my splurges healthy I like to do my own baking. Even though I try to bake healthy, I like to do it without the healthy taste. The easiest way to do this is to eliminate the butter. Usually the recipes I find without butter are vegan. And although I don't mind cooking and occasionally baking vegan, I also don't mind using farm fresh eggs and milk. Hence, The Butterless Baker.

No comments: